Saturday, November 22, 2014

Strategy

You know when you are on the right track when your non-profit concept wins you....anything! Grant money, supporters, mentorship, space to house it, etc. When you have something that people believe is needed and you are the right person to bring it to fruition, it is a HUGE vote of confidence and that, of course, motivates you to keep pushing.
Well, the wonderful folks at TYHE Design

a mission driven firm that uses design and strategy to help social sector organizations and companies grow their potential and build their capacity, offer their services pro bono once a year to person/company/cause that is destined to make a social impact and could use their help. I submitted my concept for Dream BIGGER and won the pro bono 2 hour strategizing session! Let me tell you, it was one of the most magical experiences of my work life.

Although I won't get into all of the juicy details here, I will say that I have a much greater sense of clarity when it comes to who I am serving with Dream BIGGER. My main focus thus far have been the community. But there will be four groups of people I will be serving: the students, the teaching artists, the donors, and the businesses who will become clients/affiliates. Knowing what all four segments will require from Dream BIGGER before they commit to participating is core to its success. 
I learned that very possibly, breaking the mission up into a hybrid that has a for-profit side and non-profit side that it supports may be the most sustainable way to go, also.
And besides all of the strategizing, I was gifted with book recommendations, potential mentors/alliances to reach out to, a ton of related non-profits to study, and a new concept to use to move from idea to launch called Designthinking. I am feeling so empowered and cannot thank the heavens---for directing me to TYTHE and getting my concept selected for the pro bono opportunity---and Ellie/Chris enough for their generosity!



Follow TYTHE Design here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...